Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Self-Esteem Movement: Social Media

The Self Esteem Doctor, anxiety, Bullying, child psychology, confidence, families, family, goals, kids, life coach, loa, mindset, motivation, self esteem, stress, successful kids, Teens, therapy, tony robbinsThe day after I found out I was pregnant with my baby boy in 2013, I hosted my very first self-esteem workshop with teens and preteens...and what I learned scared the crap out of me!

It was the very first time I heard (with my own ears) a confession from a pre-teen girl about sending inappropriate pictures on the internet to a guy she liked in her school. Yes, I said preteen!!!

With her eyes staring blankly at the table in front of her and tears streaming down her face, I could only glimpse the pain, guilt and regret that danced behind her sad eyes as she told the story...

"He forwarded my picture to everyone is my school..."

My heart sank....and I knew self esteem was at the heart of this and that I had to something.

But...my own pregnancy took a crazy turn and I was in an out of the hospital constantly so after 9 months of sickness, leaving Florida for medical attention and then giving birth to healthy newborn baby (Thank God) this incident became but a way, way distant memory.

After that I returned to Florida as The Self Esteem Doctor and I have had been Divinely Blessed to continue my work of helping people to overcome negativity, find their worth and live their dreams....and the stories have continued...

Kids are joining dating sites, talking to strangers online, performing inappropriate acts, sending images, being tormented online, having suicidal thoughts, cutting and more- because of negative experiences online!!

To be honest, I know the basics, I knew the next step in supporting our kids' self-esteem could no longer ignore the social media component that our kids are now living - but I needed some help. See blog post 'Is your kid ready for social media'

As always Divine Resources came through! I met Dr. Tenille Ph. D., LCSW, at an event at Temple Dor Dorim in Weston. She S-P-E-C-I-A-L-I-Z-E-S in cyber everything!!! ...and before I knew it the mission began.

This weekend and for 2 more weekends this summer we are hosting social media and self esteem classes together...to continue a journey that began over 3 years ago for me.

The goal?

Prevention!
Education!
Eye-opening awareness!
Help the kids to know, understand, see, feel and care about themselves and their online activities...and the repercussions of their cyber choices.

I am not "running a self-esteem business"
I am "leading a self-esteem movement!"

...so I am teaming up with brilliant minds, hosting one-of-a-kind workshops and bringing your children irreplaceable tools for all around success..

Thanks for listening (reading)!

Join the movement....
Comment with your ideas. Sign up for classes. Share this post!

Namaste.

With love and appreciation,
Dr. Simone

I am not "running a self-esteem business"
I am "leading a self-esteem movement!"


******************About Dr. Simone****************** 




Simone Alicia is a certified Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner and a member of the Association for Integrative Psychology.  She holds Honorary Doctor of Divinity (honoris causa) and has a special interest in spirituality and metaphysics as it relates to self perception, self love and self esteem.  Dr. Simone has expertly combined these tools with her Master's in Business Management (M.S.M) and Bachelors in Education (B.A.Ed) to raise self esteem across the globe and coach you through the hard times.





#TSED #Selfesteem #movement #cause #confidence #kids #teens #tweens #parents #socialmedia #online #sucess #tools #inspiration #motivation #share

No comments:

Post a Comment